Solutions Engineer (Australia)
You will act as the technical sales interface between Talon and our customers / partners in the APAC region, based out of Talon Office in Sydney, Australia. As the primary technical resource on the field team, you will work with the sales team to incorporate technology criteria into the overall sales strategy. This entails translating customers business and technical needs into an overall solution, providing bi-directional feedback, and taking responsibility for ultimate client satisfaction. You will also work with large accounts, strategic partners to contribute to new business development and strengthen existing client relationships.
- Ability to work effectively, be a quick learner, add value as a team member, and assume a leadership role for the team
- Ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in a pre-sales engineering role
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to present complex concepts clearly
- Highly motivated, able to exercise independent judgment, and work directly with both pre-sales and post-sales support to solve customer issues
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of sales management
- Full understanding of project life cycle from defining the scope to completion. Development of use cases for deploying enterprise software solutions.
- Experience with understanding and conversant about company, competitors, technologies, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats
- 5 + years supporting Sales into Global 2000 and/or medium to larger enterprise accounts
- Travel: 30-50%
- Development of use cases for deploying enterprise software/hardware solutions.
- Understanding of project life cycle from defining the scope to completion.
- Demonstrable experience of documenting technical implementations.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCSA/MCSE) certified
- Requires in-depth understanding of Cloud Architecture and Services, including Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS and Google GCP
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server and principles around Active Directory, DNS/DHCP, Clustering, Domain-Based DFS, Group Policies, SMB/CIFS, and NTFS
- Requires working knowledge of storage and virtualization solutions (Microsoft, NetApp, EMC, VMware, Hyper-V)
- Requires basic understanding of data networking (LAN/WAN, Routing, TCP/IP)
- Must be familiar with business applications such as Microsoft Office (365) and SharePoint
- Understand the semantics of distributed file storage and applications like Autodesk, Bentley, and Dassault Systemes
Candidates can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include up-to-date CV, personal contact details, and a motivation.